We have had considerable success in bringing
aid to the Grison-Garde rural community. Children are receiving an education; orphans are being taken
care of and loved; practical skills such as sewing and carpentry are being taught; jobs have been
created, and medical care and food is being provided. The Haitians themselves are perfectly capable
of doing most of the work but it is only with the help of donors like you that they can do so. Indeed it
our goal to provide them with the support they need to accomplish the goals they set for themselves.
Any amount will help. Multiple small donations
can be combined to support
To solidify these accomplishments and to continue to provide resources to help the Haitian people
build on their success, we need your help - please contribute.
any one of the needs listed below.
You can donate by check or by credit card. Donations can be one-time donations or Recurring
donations over whatever time period you choose, e.g., $100/month for 12 months.
All One-time on-line donations by credit card should be made through PayPal.
All Recurring on-line donations by credit card should be made through JustGive.
Each alternative is explained in more detail below:
- Donations by check can be mailed to:
The Robert Ford Haitian Foundation
c/o Dr. Raymond Ford
3522 Red Hill Road
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
- Single donations by PayPal:
Click on the DONATE button at the top of this page. You will be directed to a secure
PayPal site where your personal information is safe. You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate.
To donate by credit card just click on the word Continue at the left lower side
of this page where it shows the small replicas of credit cards. This will take you to another page that should
look familiar to you if you have ever bought something on-line. Enter the amount you wish to donate at the top,
fill out the form and then click on the button at the bottom that says Review donations and
- Recurring donations by JustGive:
Click on the JustGive button at the top of this page. You will be directed to a secure
JustGive site where your personal information is safe. Fill out the form on the first page and then click on
"Add to Basket" which takes you to page 2. Complete the information on page 2 and click on "Proceed to Checkout",
etc., until all the required information is completed.
- Important information - please read. PayPal and JustGive each charge a very small fee for
their services. The fee charged by PayPal is lower than that charged by JustGive. However, PayPal does not offer
a "recurring donation" option. That is why we ask that you, the donor, select PayPal for one-time donations and
JustGive for recurring dontions. In both cases the entire remainder of the donation (after the fee is paid) goes
directly to the Haitians. The Robert Ford Foundation is strictly a volunteer effort. No salaries, expenses, etc.
are paid for anyone including the Director. If a volunteer chooses to travel to Haiti, he/she pays their own way
including air transport, hotel, and meals.
All donations are 100% tax deductible and you will receive a letter from Dr. Ford for tax purposes.
MESI ZANMI MWEN, BONDYE BENI - THANK YOU MY FRIEND, GOD BLESS
- SEND A CHILD TO SCHOOL
- A Primary School Student (Grades K-8) - $100/Year
- A Secondary School Student (GRADES 9-12) - $150/Year
- A Vocational School Student - $150/Year
- CARE FOR AN ORPHAN
- HIRE A TEACHER
- One Teacher - $100/Month - $1,200/Year
- DRILL A WELL
- For potable water - 4 Wells Needed - $3,000/Well or two for $5,000
- HELP BUILD AN ADDITION TO THE SCHOOL
- Furniture for the "new" Secondary School - Project costs = $10,000.
- Construction of 3 Primary School Classrooms - Project costs = $15,000. This project
is almost complete.
- Furniture for the "new" Primary School Classrooms- Project costs = $3,000.
- FEED THE HUNGRY
- One Meal a day for all non-orphan school children throughout the school year (approximately 189,000 meals);
one meal a day for all non-orphan school children who come to the school during summer vacation
(approximately 40,000 meals); two meals a day for all orphans year round (approximately 52,000 meals).
This adds up to about 281,000 meals a year. Consider $50, $100, $200, $500.
- Bulk Food to Feed a Family: Rice, Cooking Oil, Milk Powder, etc. - consider $50, $100, $200, $500
- Happy Meals - A single meal for a person who comes to the Tovar Medical Clinic hungry. This would
be a great project for school children to take on. Consider contributing and, if you know a teacher or
are a teacher yourself, perhaps your school-children could raise funds for this purpose.
Happy meals cost $1/meal.